Austin’s Shovel-Ready Site program focuses on a dedicated site certification process specific for the food and beverage and general manufacturing industries. For food processing, our central mission is to differentiate communities that are optimal for food and beverage companies, thereby abbreviating the vetting process and reducing companies’ perceived risk for choosing one location over another.
The “Shovel-Ready” designation verifies that your site meets or exceeds the requirements for food processing or general manufacturing, which differentiates it from others competing for the same companies. This can significantly decrease the amount of time that site selectors or companies must spend on the detailed site investigation phase of a location study, and reduce the perceived risk in choosing your community over another.
Communities and sites that have successfully completed Austin’s “Shovel-Ready” Site Certification program are below.
- Byam Site – Port of Grandview, Grandview, Washington
- Canal Pointe Industry and Commerce Park, Canal Winchester, Ohio
- Crossroads Business Park, Milton, Wisconsin
- Decatur Industrial Park, Decatur, Indiana
- Dresser Industrial Park Site, Sturgis, Michigan
- Edgerton Business Park, Rock County, Wisconsin
- French Valley Business Park, Russell County, Kentucky
- Gateway Business Park, Beloit, Wisconsin
- Highway 11 Business Park, Janesville, Wisconsin
- Highway 208 Industrial Park, Lebanon, Kentucky
- Kansas Enterprise Industrial Park, Hutchinson, Kansas
- Kendallville Outlot B Site, Kendallville, Indiana
- Manna Site, Marion, South Carolina
- Patriot Centre Industrial Park, Martinsville, Virginia
- PeeDee Commerce City Park, Florence, South Carolina
- Rock Mill Industrial Park, Lancaster, Ohio
- Simley Site, Muncie, Indiana
- Southern Star Way Site – Four-Star Industrial Park, Henderson, Kentucky
- Tolliver Fields, Wilmington, Ohio
- Wallace Business Park – Port of Grandview, Grandview, Washington
- Watkins Court Site – Four-Star Industrial Park, Henderson, Kentucky